Friday, 26 October 2012

Crisis

Disclaimer: this post is a bit random. Avoid it if you find it useless.

Crisis.
Yes, we use this word really often. Managerial crisis is the most day-to-day experience infact. Take this for example: I have loads of work to do, shitload of deadlines on my head. So, I pick a paper and a pen, plan when to do which work, voila! It just sounds so cool! Okay, so I start working as per the prepared time table. To my surprise, about more than 80% of the plan was executed! So, I have put my effort in there and now I am waiting for approvals, replies, etc. so that I can proceed on with the work. I had expected that those approvals and stuffs would come pretty sequentially and I would finish all the work at least just before the deadlines. An hour of waiting. Another. I watch a movie to pass time. I watch another. Still no replies and go-aheads for the work. I decide to take a nap. Barely five minutes of constant switching between conscious and subconscious minds and here - pings, mails, phone calls and texts. Everybody is replying, approvals are here and the next milestones up. But why does everything pop up all of a sudden. Now I have really less time (before the lan bans :P) and loads of work. I was so jobless a few hours ago. And now, I'll have to spend 15 minutes planning and another 15 approving the plan and I don't know how well it'll be executed.

2 comments:

  1. How can we find that its useless before we read it? #Disclaimer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avoid it = don't think about it or talk to me about it or comment about it! :P

    ReplyDelete