I am a 90s kid. So, I was brought up with these. The typical bollywood songs of the 90s. Infact, the first imagery of my ideal boy I had in mind resembled a typical hero depicted in these song videos - the one who would take me (yes, literally take, against my wish! :P) to a picturesque location and sing and dance with me. Fortunately, this imagery doesn't exist anymore. :P
To give you the feel of what kind of bolly songs I am talking about, consider the following for reference: chalo ishq ladaye, ankhiyan tu mila ley raja, chori chori sapno me, dholna, jangal hai aadhi raat hai, chunari chunari, sona kitna sona hai, kudi kuwari, and many more. A couple of videos:
The pattern of all songs is exceptionally similar. The same template, still they were always entertaining! Most of the typical ones are filmed at some location in Europe or some exceptionally green lands, etc. The song is lively and full of beats. The hero and heroine appear in 2-3 different clothes throughout the song. The design of the female's clothes is particularly new while the hero is wearing particularly bright and colorful bottoms and shirts. The bottoms are a bit too tight in case of Govinda. The hero and heroine have a good practice of doing the dance steps in sync and their steps are weirdly symmetric too. The characters get rhythmically romantic while doing these steps. I have seen some song videos where the heroine blushes with the beats!
However illogical stuff they contain, they entertained me a lot back in the 90s and continue to do so. Here, I choose to stay a bolly fan. :)
To give you the feel of what kind of bolly songs I am talking about, consider the following for reference: chalo ishq ladaye, ankhiyan tu mila ley raja, chori chori sapno me, dholna, jangal hai aadhi raat hai, chunari chunari, sona kitna sona hai, kudi kuwari, and many more. A couple of videos:
The pattern of all songs is exceptionally similar. The same template, still they were always entertaining! Most of the typical ones are filmed at some location in Europe or some exceptionally green lands, etc. The song is lively and full of beats. The hero and heroine appear in 2-3 different clothes throughout the song. The design of the female's clothes is particularly new while the hero is wearing particularly bright and colorful bottoms and shirts. The bottoms are a bit too tight in case of Govinda. The hero and heroine have a good practice of doing the dance steps in sync and their steps are weirdly symmetric too. The characters get rhythmically romantic while doing these steps. I have seen some song videos where the heroine blushes with the beats!
However illogical stuff they contain, they entertained me a lot back in the 90s and continue to do so. Here, I choose to stay a bolly fan. :)
Entertaining only for you...
ReplyDeleteIrritating for the others!!!