Thursday, 12 January 2012

Of trust and betrayal..

Of most of the people, friends I've asked on what is most important in a relationship, most prompt reply I've got is : trust. The quote of friendship without trust being nothing and valueless is too popular. But here I would like to make a completely different point. True that after being betrayed by someone, one doesn't have the tendency to possess the same amount of affection for him/her. But what about love which dominates this betrayal. The feeling that "I don't care whether I was betrayed or whatever... I just can't live without.." It is this feeling which strengthens a relationship. Agreed that breaking someone's trust is a bad thing to do but it happens.. and I would like to put my favorite quote ' One deserves to be forgiven '. Someone who trusts you enough to forgive you for the so-called mistake of "breaking trust" is the one who actually trusts you. So, this might sound sheepish, but I would like to boil down to the conclusion that betrayal is an important part of a relationship.

1 comment:

  1. Kinda reminds me of the "Failure is an important part of life. 'Coz if one can turn a failure into a stepping stone; and despite failure, get up and carry on, only then can one achieve success."

    I think I got your point.

    ReplyDelete